Blog Design

Friday, July 8, 2011

Clovi's 1st Birthday

So I thought I better keep on top things, and that thought came to me about 3 weeks ago and I am just now doing PART of it. Oh well, on to my babies birthday. The invites! Sorry if you didn't get one, exclusive VIP's only :)


I made these for the party favors...
I decided to forgoe all decorations and just concentrate on lots of yummy food. Our theme you ask, MONKEYS!! Because she is my chunky monkey. We had monkey cupcakes, chunky monkey pie (which it's really called that, it's a peanut butter banana cream pie, and quite delicious!), monkey popsicles, monkey cake pops. Each treat had a monkey label.

I am going to go ahead and say she liked her monkey cupcake!!



Whenever she puts on sunglasses I always yell, Hollywood!! And she just smiles so when Aunt Leah and Uncle Brian gave her these she of course had to immediately put them on!!


And our backyard was filled with present opener assistants. They were also very nice to try out all of Clovi's toys for her first. You know just to make sure they were fun, and they were.



Clovi facts:


She took her first steps 5 days before her birthday, she is currently walking all over my house. She is also my slowest in the walking category. I hold strong to my belief that is because I couldn't put her down because Ever would literally maul her!!


She can say several words (that possibly I am the only one who understands) but here they are. Most importantly mama, dada, pa, maama (this is grandma and it is very different than mama), also ka ka (kitty), da (dog) baba, and very clearly she says no. It comes out in a horrifically loud scream but I am certain that is what she is saying. This happens most often when her sweet sister Ever is near her.


She is the sweetest little girl on the planet. God knew how much I needed a calm, happy, baby and I was lucky enough to get her.


She is very nervous around other people, no matter how hard they try she will not crack a smile and more often than not she does the opposite and sobs hysterically. Uncle Jason can get her to cry faster than anyone, poor guy he just wants to give some love.


She has got a serious Cold Stone Stevens face. She will be great at card games one day.


I'm her favorite. Definately.


Every morning she has to go outside and check on the kittens. She sits there and hollers very loudly at them. So they of course are terrified of her. It doesn't help her version of petting is hitting them on the head or pulling their fur out.


I love this girl and am pretty sure I will be calling her my baby until she pays me to stop!!

2 comments:

Marie Rose said...

laughing out loud right now...oh man. I heart your story telling. I love miss clov but you seemed to have only used a select few of the AWESOME pictures I took...including the ones of my child...what gives?

Megan said...

Looks like a fabulous party. I love reading about her. She is pretty funny.