Blog Design

Friday, May 9, 2008

Ducks and Cool Dudes

Today we went to visit Grandma Judy at good old Weber State! Go Wildcats! Jk so on our way out, we of course, had to see the ducks. We had goldfish crackers and decided it was the right thing to do.

Brennen is loving every second of this and just laughing and yelling duck, duck!! He's such a funny boy. He has been obsessed with animals since he was born and has had no fear of walking right up to them.
Here is a picture of Brennen's 'cool dudes' aka sunglasses and hat. He loves wearing them whenever we go outside because he wants to look like daddy.
So back to the story... we are innocently feeding the ducks when I all of the sudden look over and this Canadian duck is approaching us at an alarming speed. I try to get Brennen back but he just keeps walking toward the goose!! Now for those of you who don't know my family as well. We have an aviary in our backyard. Birds of all variety come to eat our bird seed my parents put out and Canadian Geese are frequent visitors for a free handout. And they are aggressive, plus on a side note, Tracy was attacked by one at WSU when she was a young one!! YEAH TRACY!! So all I am thinking in my head is I am going to have to beat this goose off with my diaper bag like my mom did. But it was all ok the goose practically kissed Brennen on the nose they were so close. The goose was as tall as Brennen is but he just wanted our grub. This picture was taken after the danger had passed.
And this little lady had no fear of humans, this picture is with the duck literally between my legs!! She was hungry and had her head in the bag of goldfish. Brennen was in heaven, the duck followed us to the car and I was actually shocked she didn't try and jump in with us to come home for dinner!!
All in all I have come to the conclusion that WSU ducks are way to dependent on humans and there crackers!!

8 comments:

C and C Young said...

Those poor ducks--that makes me sad. I'm glad there are good mothers (you) who take their kids to feed them...poor little guys.

Chelsie said...

How fun...I was actually thinking of takin coop to see the ducks today! I should have come and stole your crackers. I love brennans cool dudes...coop won't keep his sunglasses on anymore....I keep trying...one day he'll give up the fight

Jaclyn said...

birds are sooo scary to me. i love them at a distance. how's the pregnancy going? when are you due again? we really need to do something before she gets here.

The Killer Bunch said...

I can't wait for Bennett to get old enough to have exciting "life threatening" duck attacks. It will be so much fun when our boys become buddies.

Megan said...

I am giddy with happiness that you have posted twice in a week! Brennen is stylin' in his hat and shades. And you are such a good story teller - I was on the edge of my seat ;) Sounds like you guys had fun though. Anna is fearless with animals too and it worries me because a dog 3x her size will be running towards her and she is just laughing - what weirdos!

On a side note, I totally remember watching crazy birds come to your parents house - remember that large weird strok looking bird. Did you guys ever figure out what that was? And when are we getting together again?!

Chelsie said...

Hey Marcia! I'm having a modbe party on the 21st. Email me your address if you're interested. btoyn@comcast.net They have so super cute swimsuits and clothes.

10zfam said...

wow, that's quite the story. cambree would have been screaming. you crack me up, you are a great storyteller.
good job feeding the birds
oh, brennen is so cute inhis hat and shades

Brandon & Tiff said...

How fun! Yeah that little duckie has no fear. Brennen looks so dang cute in his glasses. What a stud! I hope you are liking your new place!