Blog Design

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Being AWESOME is exhausting!

So we had a VERY busy weekend. Saturday we woke up and went down to Antelope Island to the Kite Festival. When we got there the kids all made their own kites. This is Ever flying hers. I seriously didn't even think she would get it or care but she colored hers and was the one who had the best time flying it. It was so windy! Good for kite flying bad for hair!

They had these races called, bull races and you attached a kite to your waist and had to run against the wind and whoever won got a kite. I totally lost to my sister-in-law Stephanie and she had bronchitis!! Either I'm pathetic or Stephanie is awesome... I think it's both

Brennen said he wanted to climb up this wall, so we got him all hooked up...

and this is as far as he got. He got scared so the nice guy pulled him up a little bit and spun him in circles. He was a happy guy.

I should have known he would have trouble, he was scratching his butt from the very beginning.

They also went for a horse ride, Brennen didn't want to until he saw Ever get on with Stephanie then I think he didn't want to be shown up, they loved it. My mother-in-law rocks she paid for everything, which is so nice because we wouldn't have been able to do all the stuff we did without her.



Now to my awesomeness!!
We decided to celebrate Brennen's birthday Labor Day weekend because this Friday (Brennen's birthday) we are going camping, and my dad is doing LotoJa! Brennen had picked the bug cupcakes a week before for his birthday and then Me and Christy decided to have a dino party but I still had to do the bugs, of course, so we made them for the Wilson side.
Exhibit A: Me hard at work!
Exhibit B: My hard work!
The finial project! I think they turned out pretty cute!
These mini cupcakes were for the girls, but Ever ate like 5 of them so she might as well have had a regular cupcake.
Brennen liked them too.
Exhibit C: Dinos!

I am quite proud of the turn out, I made them up myself.

My mom was also very busy making this Raptor watermelon that I found online!

Then I found this idea in a book of mine, you take Plaster of Paris, Vermiculite, and water and mix them in equal parts. Pour into a container and drop in your dinos and let it harden for 30 minutes. And the kids become regular paleontologists and have to dig them up. But me and Christy put a little twist on it and we made the boys search for their dino eggs (they were more cups because we used a cupcake tin...Meh) and then they got to dig them up. I know I know, we're AWESOME!!!

We also had a pinata. I don't think Brennen will ever like a party with lots of kids because he got to beat this dino to death and only had to take turns with Bennett.

My brother-in-law got this slide at a yard sale for only $20! The kids loved it!!

Brennen got so spoiled by my parents!! They bought these little boys presents like it was Christmas! I am tempted to hide half of them and give them at Christmas to save some money!! This was his big present, a scooter!! He has wanted one of these for a long time, well a long time in three year old terms!! Thanks 1 pa & dramma!!!

8 comments:

Chelle said...

SO CUTE!!! LOVE IT ALL!!

Christie said...

Those bugs turned out amazing! I may have to borrow some of your ideas for Jack's upcoming birthdays!

Megan said...

You Hutchison's don't disappoint. The bug cupcakes I think are my fave. Anna has been wanting a scooter too - having a birthday in December sure can be lame. Happy Birthday to Brennen and Bennett. Have fun this weekend camping and good luck to your dad!

C and C Young said...

Can I adopt you to be my mom? What lucky kids you have!!!

amy g said...

Yes, yes you are awesome, we KNOW that... You're cupcakes looked way yummy (I couldn't eat them but I had one m&m from the bug one) but my dad was a little disappointed they weren't your Peanut Butter ones!! You can make them for my birthday party. We saw the kids playing on the slide, and I'll admit it took everything inside of me not to go over and slide down it!! Happy Birthday Bren!

Natalie Hutchison Belnap said...

Oh save the freakin awesome party for after I leave eh?! Rude! I am very impressed with your guys creativity. You two are totally moms of the year. Well I miss the little ones. tell them I said hi

Chelsie said...

awesome is an understatement! you guys are amazing!!! i love the bug cupcakes...so blasted cute

*Mary* said...

So I'm thinking you need to give your friend mary a lesson on how to make stuff like that!! Yep, pretty sure that's a good idea! I will call you sometime and you can be Martha Stewart and show me how! Happy Birthday Brennon!!