Blog Design

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Recycled Blooms

So a few of you wanted to know how to make these. Well here it is!

What You'll Need:
Empty toilet-paper rolls
Ruler
Pencil
Scissors
Bamboo skewers
Paint
Paintbrush
Tissue paper
Green cardstock

Instructions
Draw a ring 2 inches from edge of tube. Repeat on other end. Then, from each 2-inch ring, draw cut lines every 1/2 inch. Snip along each line to make petals.
Fold petals back to create flower. Paint flower and bamboo skewers; let dry. Cut out green leaves and glue to skewers.
Push the skewer through one end of the flower's center until it just touches the other end. Crumple an 8-inch square of tissue paper and place in the center.

4 comments:

amy g said...

ou, nice.

Erika said...

Those are so cute! I may post your idea on my blog. I love it!

ShaeMarie and Ryan said...

Let me be the first to say... yes you did ROCK those fiesta gowns! The flowers are darling...it must be hard to be funny, cute and clever all wrapped up in one feisty package! Oh, to answer your question, we have one more lonely year left...then its off to some other random city in some random state to start over again for anywhere from 4-6 years...don't you just wish that you could be me! It looks like you guys are doing great, I am so happy for you and think that you deserve the best of everything!

Cpl Bringsteezy said...

yeah... well Marcia I will probably be calling you to add zest and decoration to my home when I finally get one haha. Would be awesome to get a bunch of you to come visit me in San Diego when I get back to the states, I still havent met the kids!