Blog Design

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ragnar Relay~Wasatch Back (Logan to Park City aka LotoPa)

This last weekend I ran in the Wasatch Back. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's a 12 man relay from Logan to Park City. Each runner has 3 legs and it lasts from Friday to Saturday.

Van 2 or as I referred to us as Van AWESOME!


The first exchange between the vans. Our van was runners 7-12 and I was runner 7 so everytime it was our turn I was first. This is aunt Lorie the marathoner, so I would book it the first part until I was out of her eyesight and then slow 'er down. I had to impress (don't worry I did)

I had an encounter with a snake! Don't worry this is me giving the ok.

Uncle Randy getting me some water. It was so hot!! 5 pm run, I was a sweatin!

This is the other Randy (Steiny) he is my parents neighbor and quite the addition to the team!! He was constantly eating junk food right before his run and still rocked it! Iron Stomach, so funny!! This is him following all traffic rules, only 55 mph :)

This was Robert's motto and inspiration!

Christy had the hardest run. Right up Snow Basin but she never stopped or slowed down. We seriously had the toughest team!
This was my second leg I finished at 3 am. It was a little rough right up East Canyon they called it a moderate incline Ugh I don't want to see their hard incline. Don't worry I totally passed 4 people (that's called road kill in the racing world!) By the end we as a van had over 75 road kills. I know we rock!
This is Stephanie climbing a mountain! It was so hard!
This is Uncly Randy running into the storm. It was almost over! Christy was all that was left.
The weather we encountered, poor Christy had to run in a monsoon to finish up the race!
Overall we place 258 out of over 600 teams. And in our division we place 184! I don't think that's too bad at all for Rookies. We finished in 30 hours and 40 minutes and we did this on no sleep!! GO TEAM HUTCHIBY!!

17 comments:

Christa said...

Wow! Kudos to you- I would love to do something like that someday...

Shambray said...

Just so you know. My dad loved this. He could not stop talking about it. Way to go!

The Killer Bunch said...

We totally rocked! I'm sure glad a I was part of van 2. I had a lot of fun with your guys.

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed with all of your teams efforts. I can't believe you have all turned into runners. That is so awesome. I loved the pictures and commentary. You always make me laugh.

Megan said...

I was so sad I couldn't do this race this year and now I am even more sad - I should have just done it anyway so that it would have induced my labor. LOL. Who am I kidding?! I probably could have ran it and still be pregnant. Well it looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I am jealous :)

Dwight and Ashley Family said...

Hey sorry it has taken so long to get back to you but I do have a photo blog. It is under my friends & family blogs (Ashley Parker Photography)

Chelle said...

Wow! Just reading it made me tired. Good job guys!

McBride Family said...

sounds awesome! how long was each section you all ran?

10zfam said...

looks like you guys had tons of fun, i need to get back into running, one day, one day

Katie said...

Total props for the Hutchiby's! I would have passed out after 5 mins let alone 30 hours! Seriously, y'all ROCK!

Marie Rose said...

I am very proud of you guys...like Megan I am totally jealous I couldn't do it. Next year for sure! We might have to have 2 teams since we are so awesome and everyone wants to do stuff with us...its a Hutchison curse i guess...being so cool. Well, I'm still muy impressed with you. You showed everyone not to under estimate Marcia Wilson!!

Cayley said...

Wow! Good for you! That sounds like a ton of fun and a good challenge. I want to do something like that one day! You guys did awesome!

Chelsie said...

i'm uber impressed with you! you've turned into quite the runner on me, what is this?

WADDELL FAMILY said...

Way to go! All you guys are very amazing.

Jenny said...

Props to you for running Ragner!! That's hard core dude. Good job- that storm was freakin nuts!

ShaeMarie and Ryan said...

So tough! If your main objective was to impress me... you did it! Well done my friend! I DO want our kids to fall in love, wouldn't we be the sweetest inlaws together! Maybe I am getting a little bit ahead of myself here, maybe I should just settle with a lunch date with my dearest friend (and athlete) Marcia! This August is our time to get together!

Brandon & Tiff said...

Way to go!! I didn't know this. You rock! And it sounded like you had a fantastic and fun team!