Blog Design

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Marcia it's your birthday!

So the big 26 today. Kinda awesome. I babysat my niece, cleaned the kitchen, and then went to mutual. Had pancakes for all 3 meals (Brennen insisted) and then came home from mutual to find out my son was 'helping' weed and pulled out my tomato plant! Apparently I need to teach him what stays in the dirt and what doesn't. Couldn't take a picture cause I lost my camera case (camera's still with me, THANK HEAVENS) but it had my battery charger in it so I am waiting for it's replacement to be shipped. What a day!!

My wonderful husband did clean our disaster of a house (I refused it was my day off from that at least, right?) and promised a night out on the town. He also let me take a birthday nap and played with the girls. So really how could I complain? I told my young women if I wasn't showered with love, gifts, and song I would demand my release. So they of course complied with my wishes. What a good group of girls I have!!

Birthday's are different for me being a mom, I don't get a day off which was mandatory when I worked. I don't get the same hub bub (if you will) I expected from my mom, you know banners, awesome cakes, and constant worship throughout the day (Kurt's still trying to understand my need for recognition). But when your 3 year old (without force or persuasin from a third party) says he loves you and sings happy birthday and your little girl showers you with slobbery kisses, and you get more comments on Facebook then your entire history of being on that thing, and when you get a dedicatory blog of your awesomeness from your sister, and constant phone calls and texts all day to again tell you how cool you are, how can it not be a good day?!

7 comments:

Chelle said...

Happy Birthday! I have to agree that birthdays just aren't the same when you're the mom. They're better!!

sarah and jeremy said...

Happy Birthday! I forgot our birthdays are so close. Mines the 27th. I'm with you, we should get a whole day of praise and attention! Everyone should bow down to us because of how awesome we are. I hope you had a good one!

Megan said...

Birthdays do change after you become a mom - but they should still be celebrated to the max! I am glad you had a good day and got some love and attention. And who started the wave of congrats and well wishes on facebook? I am as humble as you are my friend. LOL. Happy Birthday again!

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday! My birthday last year was on a sunday and I had to not only teach yw's, but we had a "special" fireside that night too. So I spent my b-day evening learning about morality LOL....
I do agree though that the kids giving you plenty of loves and a nap can go a loooong way :)

amy g said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY you cute little fart you!

10zfam said...

Glad you enjoyed your birthday. i too love to be recognized on my special day

ShaeMarie and Ryan said...

Happy birthday my love! If I lived closer I would make you a banner and bring you a wonderful cake! Oddly enough, for my last years birthday I had YWs and then ate pancakes for my bday!