Blog Design

Thursday, August 19, 2010

My Brenn

These are some of my favorites pictures and things about my boy! It was so fun to look through all these pictures when I decided to do a post on each of my kids. It took me forever to decide on what pictures I wanted on here we literally have so many of him. I forgot how much I loved this guy. We had Ever so fast and then Clovi you have to spread your love around, but for a year and a half I just had him and he was my life. I almost miss the simplicity of that even though I love our little family. So here are my favorite pictures and current conversations and attitudes of our little man who by the way starts preschool in two weeks.
"Mom I want a hotdog for lunch, let's go to Home Depot."
"Mom will you come push play on my movie for me?
Brenn you know how, you do it.
I can't push anymore buttons, my finger has a finger belly ache."
"Come here little fella" referring to his father
If you do something he likes or tell him yes it's always followed by 'You're the best mom!'
"Brenn you can't have that, it's just for babies.
When I'm a baby can I have it?
You'll never be a baby again, you'll just keep getting big.
What about when I'm a girl?
You'll never be a girl just a boy who keeps getting big.
What?!"
"Brenn go get me a plastic bag for the diapers please.
Why do I have to do that all the day?
That's your job.
What's yours?"
Brennen has always been such a good boy. I think I take for granted how much of a help he is to me. He's my diaper getter, treat grabber, and time out guard. He somehow thinks he is in charge of the home, which when I want to be in charge, I get frustrated but when I am up feeding Clovi or getting something done I love that I know he'll come get me if something is wrong and will keep Ever from getting hurt.
He loves to tattle which I can't decide how I feel about it because on one hand it's very annoying but on the other at least he comes and gets me instead of taking matters into his own hands which ends in fist fights and lots of screaming.
He loves to talk and I believe likes the sound of his own voice because sometimes he says the same thing over and over and over or just makes funny noises really loud.
He has the most active imagination, one time while he was in the tub I was folding laundry and could hear him saying the funniest things so I walked in to see what he was doing and he was playing Transformers (of course) with a comb! That's it, one comb! He always tells me he's just pretending, I love that he can play for hours completely entertained by just the things around him. But, if I'm not careful he would become a couch potatoe so we have to limit his TV time. But oh what a great babysitter that is sometimes.
He can be quite the little liar, everything is Ever's fault which I actually don't doubt but some of his stories are a little far fetched for even me. For example, he kept having accidents and I was getting so frustrated with him. We were at Marie's and he had another one and comes up to me and says, "Mom my underwear is wet, Ever came right up to me and peed in it." I was laughing so hard I had a hard time getting mad. He is so sweet with his sisters, very caring about their safety and if they are happy. He's just a sweet boy every morning he always asks, "How was your sleep tonight mom?" And he sits and actually waits for my answer. We love this kid!

3 comments:

Marie Rose said...

k I love it! I was dying with some of those pictures...the Lightening McQueen is still by far the best! I love my Brennen boy!

Chelsie said...

oh i love this post. he's so sweet. such a stud. i love that he said ever came up and peed in his undies...that's hilarious. coop says the same things as far as when i'm a baby or when i'm a girl. too funny.

heather bing said...

My favorite is the pull up pic with the jazz hands pose! He's so cute, as are your girls!! You've got a cute fam we need to get together and play!