Blog Design

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Marcia's Birthday Bash!

For those of you who forgot...yesterday was Marcia's birthday. The big 2-5. And in true Hutchison fashion we celebrated it with style. While Marcia was napping with the baby, Brennen and I made her some cupcake pops. Brennen sat on the counter to help me and the moment I stepped away to get the pan and I looked up and he did this...

He had reached in and grabbed the spatula and immediately shoved it in his mouth. He thought he was so smart. Look at that smug face...what a crack up.

He thought he was sooo funny....I thought he was funny too

After I stopped laughing and I had to strip the boy down because we were making red velvet cake and that red food coloring gets everywhere! In the mist of combating the soon to set in stains Brennen found a bottle and decided he wanted to be a baby for a while, but he did grab the broom and help me clean up. What a nice boy.

I thought Marcia and my cupcake pops turned out pretty stinking good for our first time...here are some pictures of our scrupulous treat.



We went to my mom's for dinner and on the way over there we got stuck behind a lady who's car was smoking up a storm, and so Kurt being the good Samaritan he is, helped push he car across Washington Blvd and into the America First parking lot. What a guy! Anyway, while we were in the middle of the road with our blinkers on watching Kurt push the lady I grabbed a snap shot of the sweet little Ever.

It was quite the gathering at my mom's house. Marcia's favorite uncle even made an appearance. Along with the cupcake pops we had better than sex cake, ice cream, serbert, rhubarb crisp, and brownies. Can you say sugar feins!


Christy was in charge of Marcia's present and this is the card she gave her....it says "Thank you (and handwritten) for being born". She used a thank you card for Marcia's birthday. Oh Christy....she thought it was creative...we thought it was...cheap. Kurt's parents were there and thought Christy was kidding....oh but she wasn't. Our dear sister...

the now infamous card...
It was a birthday for the Hutchison History book and if I do say so myself a rather good birthday! Happy Birthday Marcia...you are a quarter of a century!

3 comments:

C and C Young said...

Happy Birthday! I am totally jealous of your bash. Those cupcake pops look so good and are SO CUTE!!!

Megan said...

Happy Birthday again! After making the mistake of forgetting it one year, I will never let that happen again ;) Your birthday bash looks so fun, as would be expected from the Hutchison family. Glad you got to get out and eat some yummy treats.Don't you love Bakerella? I think she is the culprit for my 5lb weight gain. But it was worth every cupcake bite - by the way, yours turned out fabulous.

I love your new family pic and I love Christy's card. Too funny!

*Mary* said...

Happy Birthday Marcia!!! I completely forgot, I'm sorry. You guys look like your doing good. Let me know what I can help you with. She looks different just from when I saw her last. Brennen looks like a little stud. My kind of kid, digging into the goods before it's cooked. Love Ya tonz, and seriously let me know what I can do for you guys.